Attritor Stirred Ball Mill
Attritors or stirred ball mills are a simple and effective method of grinding and dispersing fine and homogenous material quickly. The Attritor can operate wet or dry, introduce inert atmospheres, operate at controlled temperatures, and vary grinding speed. Results are repeatable from one grind (batch) to another so the attritor is ideal for pilot plant and scale up studies. The material and media are agitated by a shaft with arms rotating at high speed. This causes the media to exert both shearing and impact forces on the material resulting in an extremely fine material. The laboratory scale attritor is much faster than conventional mills. The unit can use carbon steel, stainless steel, chrome steel, tungsten carbide or ceramic balls as grinding media. No premixing is necessary and ingredients can be added at any time during the grinding process.
The Attritors are designed for media ranging from 1/8” to 3/8” and run at RPM’s of 100 to 500.
Some of the features are:
- Variable shaft RPM
- Adjustable agitator shaft height to accommodate different size grinding media.
- Bottom discharge grid with valve for easy sampling and discharge.
- Tank slides forward and tips @ 90 degrees for media discharge and fast cleaning.
- Jacketed for cooling ( or Heating)
- Quick disconnects for cooling water.
- VFD – Variable speed drive system.